On August 30, 1957, Bishop Bernard J. Topel announced the construction of a new parish in North Spokane with Fr. Paul Wenning as it's pastor. Groundbreaking occured approximately 6 months later on March 2, 1958 for construction of a multi-purpose structure. It included a temporary church on the top floor (later to be used as a gymnasium for the school) and a cafeteria and social hall on the lower level. It wasn't until March of 1962 that the first four school classrooms and a library were completed. Sometime later, the school building was doubled in size with the addition of 4 more classroom and a multi-purpose room that has since served as a staff room, meeting room, library, and most recently, a computer lab. |